Military Institute of Science and Technology admission 2022-2023. MIST admission circular 2023 has been published on the official website of MIST, which is admission.mist.ac.bd. In this article, we will be providing details about the admission requirements, application dates, examination schedule, and other important information regarding MIST admission.
MIST Admission Circular 2022-2023
MIST is a renowned public engineering university located in Dhaka, Bangladesh, established in 1998 under the affiliation of Bangladesh University of Professionals, offering undergraduate and postgraduate programs in various engineering fields, and admission is highly competitive, based on merit, involving a written admission test, medical examination, and interview, where interested candidates can apply online within the specified application deadline announced through the official website, by meeting the minimum academic requirements and fulfilling all other admission criteria.
Qualifications For MIST Admission
- SSC or Equivalent: The applicants who passed the examination in 2019 & 2020 in the Science Group
obtaining a minimum GPA of 4.00 (without a fourth subject) on a scale of 5.0 can apply.
- HSC or Equivalent: The applicants who passed in 2021 & 2022 who obtained a minimum total grade point 17 in four subjects (Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry & English) can apply.
- GCE (‘O’ and ‘A-Levels or Equivalent).
(1) The applicants who passed in 2020 & 2021 with a minimum ‘B’ grade in five subjects including
Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry and English in GCE ‘O’ Level can apply.
(2) The applicants who passed in 2021 & 2022 with minimum ‘B’ grades in Mathematics, Physics
and Chemistry in GCE ‘A’ Level can apply.
- Applicants interested in Biomedical Engineering must have Biology at HSC or equivalent level with a
a minimum grade point of ‘A-’/ GCE ‘A’ or equivalent level with a minimum grade point of ‘C’.
Eligibility for Written Test
- A short-listed candidate will be allowed to appear written test. These candidates include candidates
passed in HSC/Equivalent Examination in 2022 and 2021.
- Short-listing of candidates will be done on the basis of total GPA/Number obtained in Mathematics,
Physics and Chemistry in HSC or Equivalent Examination. In case of a tie, the order of priority for finding the
eligible candidates will be GPA/Number in Mathematics, Physics and then Chemistry.
- Two separate lists of applicants (one for the current year and the other for last year) will be generated for
selection purpose to appear written admission test only.
- A Shortlist of eligible candidates will be published on 09 March 2023 on the MIST website: www.mist.ac.bd.
MIST Admission Test Marks Distribution
“The admission test for MIST will not include multiple-choice questions (MCQs), and the questions will be provided in both English and Bangla. Applicants can choose to answer in either language. The marks distribution for both units is as follows:”
|A (Engineering)||Mathematics||40||Total Marks 100 Examination Duration: 2 hours|
|B( Architecture)||Drawing and Architecture related topics||100||Total Marks: 100 (A)+100 (B) Examination Duration:(2+2) hours|
NB: For Unit A only – candidates will sit for the written test of 3 hours. For Unit B (Architecture) only /both A and B (Engineering and Architecture) candidates will sit for the written test of 5 hours (3 hours 2 hours) with a break in between
Unit A(Engineering) Total Marks: 200 Duration: 3 hours
1. Mathematics 80
2. Physics 60 Examination
3. Chemistry 40
4. English 20.
Unit B (Architecture) Total Marks: 200 + 100 Examination Duration: (3 + 2) hours
Drawing and Architecture related topics 100
For Unit A only – candidates will sit for the written test of 3 hours. For Unit B (Architecture) only/both A and
B (Engineering and Architecture) candidates will sit for the written test of 5 hours (3 hours + 2 hours) with a
break in between.
Military Institute of Science & Technology MIST Admission Notice 2023
Selection Criteria for Admission.
- A merit list of the candidates for final selection will be prepared on the basis of Written tests only.
The minimum qualifying marks in the written test is 40% for both Unit A and Unit B.
- 5% marks will be deducted from the written test for the candidates who passed in 2020. Thereafter, a Combined Merit List (candidates passed in 2021 and 2020 will be prepared for admission and department allocation.
Application Form Submission
To apply for MIST admission, applicants must submit their application online through the MIST website (www.mist.ac.bd). After submitting the application, they will receive a USER ID, which they will need to use to send an SMS to 16222 from a Teletalk pre-paid mobile phone with the required balance to pay the application fee of Tk 1000 for Unit A and Tk 1200 for Unit B and Unit (A+B). Detailed instructions for e-Application and fee submission are provided on the MIST website. Once the application and fee payment process is complete, the applicant will receive a PASSWORD through SMS, which can be used to download the Admit Card.
Total seats in MIST
MIST offers a total of 570 seats across various departments. Department-wise seat numbers are provided for the convenience of prospective students.
|Computer Science and Engineering (CSE)||60|
|Electrical, Electronic and Communication Engineering(EECE)||60|
|Mechanical Engineering (ME)||60|
|Aeronautical Engineering (AE)||50|
|Naval Architecture and Marine Engineering (NAME)||40|
|Biomedical Engineering (BME)||40|
|Nuclear Science and Engineering (NSE)||40|
|Civil & Environmental EngineeringCivil & Water Resources Engineering||60|
|Industrial and Production Engineering (IPE)||50|
|Petroleum and Mining Engineering (PME)||25|
MIST Admission Procedure Overview
Selected provisional candidates for the Civil department at MIST are required to undergo a medical check-up at the MIST medical centre. Candidates must provide urine test reports for R/E, blood test reports for HBs Ag and blood grouping to the MIST medical authority. Based on the medical examination, the authority will determine the physical fitness of the candidates for admission to MIST.
Admission to the Military Institute of Science and Technology (MIST) is subject to the following rules and procedures:
- Candidates who have been selected for admission must complete the admission formalities within a fixed period of time, as decided by the admission committee.
- Failure to complete admission formalities within the prescribed time will result in the cancellation of the selection.
- Waiting lists will be prepared and displayed by the admission committee as per merit, and students will be notified accordingly.
- Any student who fails to attend class within two weeks of the commencement of the academic program will have their admission cancelled, and all fees, including security, will be forfeited.